Sunday, September 14, 2008

More pictures

Nissa and Hidayah. Two of my Singapore girls!
Vidya! She is super cool.
Linda! She is so sweet.
This is Karl Johanns Gate on Saturday afternoon when the weather was actually decent. This is the most popular shopping road in the city.
And this is where I decided to sit and watch people. This was some cute little outdoor cafe with 36NOK lattes.........$7!!!!!!!!!! But I enjoyed like I enjoy every other expensive thing I buy here.

So anyways, those are a few pictures to keep everyone updated. Everything is going pretty well now. I finally have made 3 hours of practicing a day a habit that is usually pretty easy to attain. Tomorrow my first class is at 12.30 and it's historical dance. I need to be careful because last week my calves were KILLING me a couple days later. Then I have brass class at 15.00. Followed by a 4 hour rehearsal starting at 17.00. Boo. I think a 4 hour rehearsal on 2 fairly simple pieces is a MAJOR waste of time, but maybe the standard for music making here is much higher... that point hasn't been proven to me quite yet, but I'll be open minded. On Tuesday I have hornklasse at 13.00 and a piano rehearsal at 15.00. Then another 4 hour rehearsal on the SAME 2 pieces. At that point I will probably ask God to spare me... we'll see.

Hope everyone is alive and well. The homesickness is under control now but don't think that I don't miss you all. I really do. :)

No comments: