Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lactose Intolerant?

This is a personal post, so if you can't deal with the thought of gas, read no more.

Ever since I got here (and I can remember a few times before), if I drink milk my stomach goes on the fritz and I get really uncontrollably bloated and gassy. I have been drinking a lot of milk here and have noticed it happens whenever I finish a meal that is milk based. For instance, I just had coffee (with milk) and cereal (with milk) and the gassiness has come! Unfortunately I haven't seen soy milk in any stores here, but even if they did have it, it would cost not only an arm, but a leg.

Any ideas? Like my mom said, sometimes it is just nice to be diagnosed even if there is nothing you can really do...

Anyways, I'm off to go practice and have a lesson. Then I imagine I will practice a bit more and then home SWEET home. <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They probably have all of the fat in their milk and you are not used to it. The only thing I know is to back off some of the milk and see what happens.