Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here's stepping outside of the box...

The first class I have attended in Norway...

Arranging and Orchestration...

IN NORWEGIAN. YIKES.

The professor was really cool though and just told me to pay attention even if I don't understand so that I can learn the language faster. Then he said just to talk to him for 15 minutes or so after class to get the general points. I think I will make some friends in this class so I can ask them questions later on when I begin to understand the language but perhaps the professor speaks too fast or something...

So today I had that class at 9 then I practiced for a while. Then I joined some of my friends in the cafeteria and talked for a while. Then I went home and had some lunch and relaxed a little bit. Then back to school for more practicing... a couple of hours in fact. Then home around 6 and just kind of hung out until 8 when my friend Jonas came over for dinner. My girls from Singapore are great cooks and they made some potatoes and lentils and rice for dinner. Jonas was very impressed and somewhat jealous of the food I eat every night for dinner. BAHAHA.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to go get my student card finally so I can have access to the entire building without having to bother someone to open the doors for me. And this weekend... who knows? I will probably clean Froydis' house because I need to do laundry. And the money won't hurt either. Maybe if the weather is decent on Saturday I can get some people together to go to the Islands or something... or maybe Froydis' husband will take me fishing in the Fjord. Who knowsss?

Ciao for now! -jo

No comments: