Monday, August 18, 2008

Aus Muenchen

Preface: I am writing this at a time I cannot post it. SO, if some of you have heard a different perspective from me already, bear with me.

6:52am Tallahassee time

12:52pm Munich time

I’m tired. I want to sleep. The flight from Charlotte to Munich went relatively fast, so I have that to be thankful for. 7 hours and 40 minutes. I slept about 2 to 3 of those hours. The rest I spent dozing and reading and watching movies. The delay in Charlotte was a real bummer, but the Munich airport doesn’t have much to offer, so maybe enduring there was a good thing. I would have fallen asleep by now if my layover was still 6 hours. I will be arriving in Oslo around 5. THANK GOD. I want to go to BED. I made the mistake of ordering a beer in some organic bistro in the Munich airport. Of course I forgot the word for glass……. So they started speaking in English to me. Whatever. Too tired to really care if they think I’m an idiot. I forgot that beers here are ½ liters. So it took me a while to finish it, but when I stood up, I was walking a little crooked. Harharhar. So far I’m the only person sitting at the gate to Oslo. Perhaps it’s a private jet. If there was a sign that this is all meant to be, I’m sure that would be a pretty obvious one. OH, no one was sitting next to me on the way to Munich so I could stretch out a little bit. There were several attractive German boys in the terminal, but I never am lucky enough to actually be seated by one. Although one was sitting across the isle from me… but up close he looks 15. I would say that is out of my range… BAHAHAHA. (I’m tired. Did I mention that?) So back to my beer, I got an organic bagel with cheese, cream cheese, lettuce, and cucumber to accompany it. I left a quarter of it sitting on the table. The beer was obviously more important to finish. The meal cost around 9 euros. That’s $13 maybe? Eeeeeek. I probably won’t eat dinner. Froydis is picking me up in her car, but I still have to ride the train to meet her… stupid train ticket costs $20 or so. So I definitely don’t think I will eat dinner. And just for the record, I’m fairly certain I ate meat in this pasta JUNK they served us. It was nasty. NASTY. Haven’t found a place to exchange my currency yet. I remember there being something in Oslo. If not, I will just use my credit card… I’m going straight to bed anyways, so I don’t really need money yet. Oh… but for the train tomorrow TO SCHOOL. BUUUUUUUUUH. I don’t wanna go to school yet!!! There were two “good-ole-boys” on the plane to Munich. The German word for Munich is Muenchen. These guys were reading signs off of cars (which they were laughing at because they were smaller than their chevy pick-ups) and saying “Moo-chien”……..when you would really say something like “Muen-ken.” What was even better, is that they were saying it with a southern accent. Couldn’t think of anyone but dad when I heard that. BAHAHA. He would have done the same thing. But I think it’s good that they are getting out and seeing the world. Even if it is for……some German hunting exposition. I almost got the guts to talk to some little German kids… but they wouldn’t understand the concept of slowly speaking to me. It wouldn’t be half as interesting for them as it is to me.

Anyways, I guess that is all for now. I need a short nap. Maybe I will set my alarm to go off in an hour. I’m basically screwed with the jet lag. I need to be tired by 8 tonight. Then I will sleep until 7 the next morning before SCHOOL. BUH.

Love everyone,

Johanna

No comments: