Monday, November 10, 2008

Tromso

Well I have just returned from Tromso. The trip was fun, but a little disappointing. There was nothing arctic about the city besides some mountains off in the distance. The city was really cute and cozy, but I prefer Oslo with something to do all the time and people to see always. I was pretty sick of watching the two American tv channels (National Geographic and Discovery) and walking around the same parts of the city. The weather is AWFUL 6 of 7 days so going out and exploring the city wasn't on my list of priorities. The sun set at 2pm which was a difficult adjustment to make. There is something about the sun setting early that makes me feel like I should be at home getting ready for bed or eating dinner. I tend to wrap up my days far too early! Going to have to figure that out...

I have pictures of Tromso, but once again my life is packed in boxes at the moment. I'm moving to my OWN apartment tomorrow, so once I'm settled I will post the pictures. I don't have so many because there were 5 or 6 hours of daylight and most of those were spent in rehearsal. Anyways, the apartment is nice, slightly cheaper, closer to school, and with all my friends. Sounds like a good deal to me! Gregoire has a car so he is going to help me drive my things over. It's strange how much junk I have acquired in 3 months. (wow... 3 months... really?)

OH! Residence permit is being processed thanks to my school being awesome. Eat that UDI. You are really good for nothing.

Did I mention no northern lights in Tromso. Saturday night was perfectly clear but there was nothing. Carla and I were SO disappointed. And the music... the conductor was... interesting. The choir was pretty good and the orchestra was decent. I think I played well and it was fun to play under Max. I enjoy playing second the most. It takes an extremely talented musician to be able to imitate whatever they hear on their left side and that is what I'm working to accomplish.

Anyways, pictures soon of Tromso and the new apartment!

1 comment:

Lewis Jones said...

Johanna, despite your somewhat disappointing time in Tromso, it is still a great experience and opportunity, so revel in it all and enjoy it!
I am proud of you